Wondering what the nail trends are this season? Wonder no more, because fashion trend forward takes you behind the scenes to bring you tomorrows trends today!
The trends have been consistent and this season if you’re planning on rocking a design, simple is superb because the straight line nail is what the nail trends are all about. For the Katie Gallagher Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week show celebrity manicurist Casey Herman designed nail art using impress Press-on Manicure by Broadway nails with three shades of pink, black and metallic grey to complement the look of the collection.
Luckily, I get to share a step by step approach on how to re-create this fashion nails look by Casey Herman with you. Below she discusses her approach to creating this look.
Celebrity manicurist: Casey Herman’s step-by-step on how-to create the look:
• Select the correct size imPRESS nail in ‘High Hopes’ to be used as the base shade for all 10 fingers
•Take the second imPRESS shade (alternating between ‘All Fired Up’ and ‘So, So Stellar’) and find the same size nail as the base
• Starting at the rounded cuticle side of the nail, cut a diagonal on either side to create a V shape, then repeated on the other side of the nail, creating a longer diagonal cut (step 2)
• Next, peel off the tab and adhere the second layer onto ‘High Hopes’
• For the final layer, repeat step 2 with the final imPRESS shade, cutting the nail into a smaller shape so that it fits inside
the 2nd layer
• Peel off the tab and adhere to the second layer then apply final nail art look onto clean nails. **Tip: Clean natural nails first with prep pad included for best results.
• Finish off the look by filing the base imPRESS nail to create a rounded shape
I hope this was easy enough to follow, backstage at fashion week all preperation has to be quick but perfect. So this routine is really fantastic for the girl on the go that needs to continue to glam her trend.